Monday, August 18, 2014

Town Fair Tire Spotlight: The Super Secret Project

More conveniently refereed to as The SSP, Super Secret Project is a New Hampshire based comedy group that infuses catchy beats with their own unique sense of humor to create internet gold. Group members Christian Wisecarver, Billy Donohoe, and Darby Dechristopher have been bringing out the laughs in people for years, and today I had the pleasure of talking with Christian to learn a little more about the group's origin, inspirations, and internet success.

"We started out by singing in bars, and when we realized that we had something special we decided to take our comedy to Youtube", Christian explained

Usually when one of us has an idea for a song we'll shoot the others an e-mail, and if we can keep the ideas flowing back and forth without losing interest in the idea, we know that we should go through with the project."

I personally came to hear about SSP when my co-worker showed me their "One For You, New England" video. This particular video encapsulates dozens of jingles from New England area based companies, and I was thrilled when I heard the shout out to Town Fair Tire at the 1:25 mark.




Christian expressed some surprise when he found out that I was calling about the "One For You, New England" video, because it was posted to Youtube over a year ago. 

"It's awesome how some videos will draw attention, fade away, and then come back just as strong the second time around."

It makes sense that the New Hampshire based group's number one hit is about... New Hampshire. These guys clearly had fun making "Granite State of Mind", a parody to rapper Jay-Z's well known track, "Empire State of Mind". This song had incredible Youtube success, and upon hearing it for myself its easy to tell why.





I'm not from New Hampshire myself, but I still found this video hilarious. I can only imagine the hysterical effect that it had on the residents of the state. "Granite State of Mind" has drawn nearly 2.4 million Youtube views to date since it was posted back in 2010. Super Secret Project has also been recognized by major media outlets such as the Boston Globe and The Tonight Show.

If you want to hear more from SSP visit their Youtube page. Stay current with any new releases or appearances by following the group on Facebook and Twitter, and be sure to check out Christian's personal favorite SSP jam, "Realistic Love Song" the first chance you get. 

Keep up the good work SSP, I'm looking forward to your next release!

No comments: