|Original Eleanor. Image from JD Rucker at ford-life.com|
- All body panels were removed so that a roll cage could be installed throughout the cars stock uni-body.
- The transmission was chained in.
- An adjustable camera rig was mounted to the backseat to capture footage from the drivers' point of view.
- Heavy duty Simpson shoulder harness' was added
- Deadbolt door locks installed
- Aftermarket hood pins
- 24-volt electrical system
- On-board first-aid kit
- Electrical kill switches
- Individual locking rear brakes
- Fish planting of the undercarriage
|1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500|
Both of these precious vehicles represent an and of an era. Before we started to become more conservative with our vehicle design towards the end of the 1970's, companies like Ford were not afraid to share their idea of pure American muscle with the world.